We’re looking to recruit a volunteer chaplain, to be involved in the provision of holistic care within the Inn Churches community.
The Chaplain will play a supportive role to Inn Churches staff team and volunteers, with flexible hours and level of commitment to be negotiated.
We are looking for a gentle, pastoral practitioner who can build compassionate trusting relationships, providing pastoral care and acting as a sounding board for those addressing the complex ethical issues involved in making decisions about the individuals that Inn Churches works with.
For more information, please contact Juli on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01274 955010.
Key areas of focus
- working with staff to support Winter Shelter guests and those who you use our Welfare Support services.
- providing pastoral care to the Inn Churches team of staff and volunteers.
- establishing training and development opportunities for team members interested in personal emotional and spiritual development.
- serving as a resource for staff addressing the complex ethical issues involved in making decisions that will impact the individuals that Inn Churches works with.
- creating opportunities for team members to engage in prayer, worship and reflection.
- being part of the Inn Churches team.
The role will involve providing support to team members and guests of a wide variety of faiths and none, and of a variety of denominations within the Christian faith. However, Inn Churches is a Christian charity whose activities are rooted in Christian values, and the role is intended to reflect that.